Our favourite sweet cookies we call Original tablets. Just realise while writing this post…it is gluten-free! Here is the tech-recipe of Original tablets. The tech-recipe actually means that both ingredients and technology of preparation are extremely important and described in details.
- Rolled oats (from whole grain, non-instant), 2.5 cup or 380 g, respectively
- Figs, 2.5 cup or 250 g, respectively (could be changed to raisins or a mixture of raisins/figs/dried berries, like blackcurrants)
- Lemon peel from 2 lemons
- Lemon juice from 2 lemons
- Banana, 2 pcs
- Cinnamon, milled, 2 Tbsp
- Cardamon, milled, 1 Tbsp
- Ginger, milled, 1 Tbsp
How to make it:
- Soak figs in warm water for 15 minutes if they seem to be too dry. In other case, just rinse it with warm water
- If using raisins – rinse it twice in 40-60°C water to remove excess of vegetable oil (which is added to raisins by producer for preservation reasons). Be sure your raisins do not contain any other preservatives like sulfur dioxide (E220). Dry raisins with a cloth or paper towel
- If using dry berries like blackcurrant – soak it overnight and dry with a cloth or paper towel
- Make puree from dry fruits/berries by using a blender or food processor. Very small amount of water could be added, but as little as possible
- Mix oats with species and lemon peel
- Add smashed bananas and lemon juice
- Add dry fruit puree and mix everything together very carefully. Add little amount of water if necessary, but the finished mixture should be thick
- Let the mixture to rest overnight or at least 4 hours. It is important, because non-instant oats should absorb some moisture from lemon juice and water added
- Later, take a ball of the mixture (or weigh 30 g of mixture on balance) and form a small “pancake”. Use some water to moisten an instrument and hands. In this way the mixture will be not sticky
- Place cookies on a baking paper
- Preheat an oven for 5-10 min and bake the cookies for 30 min at 130 °C in a convection oven. Than turn cookies to the other side, reduce temperature till 100 °C and bake 30-60 min more until cookies are firm
- This recipe takes time, we need to let oat mixture to rest for minimum 4 hours or overnight. So, relax and take your time, the results will surpass the expectations!
- Because we seek for healthy/wealthy delight, instant oats are not reasonable. Whole grain oats are rich in fiber and are more nutritious than instant, so, we use them.
- After first 30 minutes of baking, take a look to the cookies time to time for not to overbake them. Baking time at 100 °C temperature depends on your oven and thickness of the cookies. So, no other way, I always look for not to overbake them.
Disclaimer: I am sharing my personal experience to tell you what helped me and still helps me to feel well (wealthy:)). All posts on this site are for entertainment only. The posts do not provide any dietetic service, medical advice or treatment for anyone, including but not limited to pregnant, breast-feeding women, suffering from acute/chronic diseases or other health concerns, food intolerance, latent health conditions, healthy people, etc. Take care!