Why not to start a day with a dessert? The chia morning meal does not give an energy, it gives a power!This chia dessert is a separate morning meal for me. Some ingredient variations are possible, but I try to keep it unaltered.
- Chia seeds, 2 Tbsp
- Peanut butter (or almond butter), unsalted, 1 Tbsp
- Cocoa powder, 1 Tbsp
- Ashwagandha or maca powder (optional), 0.5 tsp
- Dates (3 pcs) or ripe banana (0.5-1 pcs)
- Water, 1 cup
- Walnuts, soaked overnight, 20-30 g (or fresh coconut pieces)
- White mulberry, dry, 20-30 g
- Goji berry, dry, 20-30 g
- Blueberries for decoration and taste of freshness
- Strawberries for decoration and taste of freshness
How to make it:
- Mix in a blender peanut butter (or almond butter), cocoa powder, ashwagandha powder and dates (or banana) with water
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add chia seeds and mix well by using a hand whisk
- Let it stay for at least 15 minutes, mix it time to time to avoid chia seeds being stuck together into clumps
- After 15 min, add dry mulberries and goji berries and let it stay for 15-30 minutes more
- Pour the ready mixture into a glass of your choice and decorate with fresh berries or coconut pieces
Chia dessert is ready now!
These cocktail glasses are the gift from a friend of mine. Thank you, dear Shelly, for the beautiful glasses, they are always in demand for chia desserts!
- The amount of the base for chia dessert (peanut butter mixture with chia seeds) could be made in advance for two days and kept in a refrigerator. Be sure you will use it next day, because as fresh it is, as better in many aspect.
- Once I forget to add dates into a mixture for blending. So, I just added whole dates into a ready dessert. It was a little bit strange but a new taste feeling while finding those islands of sweet dates between non-sugary chia dessert base:)
- In this dessert (morning meal) combination of whole dates and fresh coconut pieces is luscious!
Photos by Dr. A. Palatronis on www.z-antenna.com