Not everybody likes it, a beetroot. And if I would say “Eating it raw”…; “No! no way!”, – you would answer.
In this post you will find valuable information, checked on practice, how to:
- eliminate that earthy taste of beets;
- prepare beetroot juice for reducing constipation
- bake tasty beetroot chips from a pulp after beet juice juicing
- prepare the tasty beetroot salad
HOW TO eliminate that earthy taste of beets:
Once we talked with one my friend about the beets. We did agree that the nutritional value of fresh beet is great and probably a salad should be ok, but… but that earthy taste! It is unpleasant. I had no arguments and agreed that yes, it is. However, the same day later I started to experiment on improving the reputation of beets:)
I was doing my best, and tried many ways to neutralize earthy taste, like soaking in water, in water with vinegar, soda or mixture of vinegar and soda…
However, the key solution to make beets taste non-earthy is unexpectedly easy to achieve. You just need a bowl with water:
- Soak beets in a bowl with water for few minutes
- Pour off “dirty water” and refill a bowl with fresh water
- Scrub beets using a brush
- Pour off “dirty water” and refill a bowl with fresh water again
- Scrub beets using a brush
- Repeat the procedure of changing water and scrubbing until water in a bowl is clean with no dirt visible
HOW TO prepare beetroot juice for reducing constipation:
Amazing solution I found on how to eliminate constipation and just free myself from superfluous waste in my body. No need to do enema or drink inorganic salts to provoke forced bowel movements, this way is as mild as Nature could offer and therefore effective.
Actually right now, during self-isolation and quarantine period because of COVID-19,, it is a perfect time to clean and purify a body gently and calmly, just staying at home and doing some simple procedures:)
I l’earned that beet juice is so good natural laxative from amazing lady, named Kristina while watching her video on her Fully Raw by Kristina YouTube channel. Here is the key for her beetroot juice recipe “Delicious Detox Juice to Cleanse the Kidneys & Liver!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_cQ-VuAsJs
Adding from myself, would like to emphasize that:
- I always dilute fresh vegetable/fruit juice, any juice, with water 1:1. I take, for example, 200 ml of freshly squeezed juice and 200 ml of fresh water, respectively. That is important, especially if you are beginner in juice drinking!
- Beet juice, as any other substance, has its indications and contraindications, most reasonable are described here: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324898#anemia
- After I drink beet juice, good idea not to sit but walk around, just be not sitting. And drink additional glass of water every 30 minutes for at least 2 hours. The miracle will happen!:)
HOW TO bake tasty beetroot chips from a pulp after beet juice juicing:
- Mill 2 Tbsp of flax seeds
- Add 0.5 cup (110 ml) of water and stir well
- Let the mixture stay on a counter for at least 30 minutes, better 1 hour. You will see that it transformed to a viscous mixture
- Mix 200 g of beet pulp (left after juicing in juicer) with 2 Tbsp of hot horseradish cream or hot mustard sauce, add flax-seed viscous mixture and mix well till homogeneous consistency. No any other species, especially NO SALT!
- Transfer a mixture in a thin layer (1 mm) on a backing sheet or use tortilla press (as I do)
- Preheat an oven and bake the beet chips at 70° C temperature (no more, because we use flax-seeds in the recipe) for at least 3 hours, they should be crispy! Enjoy!
HOW TO prepare the tasty beetroot salad:
I already described the recipe of beet salad in my previous post, the link is below. Just want to emphasize once again: use smallest holes of a standard 4-side grater to grate beetroot. In this way the raw beet will be absolutely eatable, juicy, and even sweet:). Link for beet salad recipe on my blog: https://z-antenna.com/2020/01/06/how-to-make-root-vegetables-to-be-delicate-edibles/
Photos by Dr. A. Palatronis on www.z-antenna.com