What I mostly hear around (while scrolling social media and reading my friends’ messages) is that we gain in weight by minimum 2 kg during this lock down. Even those who are doing sufficient sports at home, even those. The reason is simple as that: all the goodies of a grocery store are now available just beside in a kitchen! Who brought them there, ah?:))
We gained those two kilos in a form of undigested food inside a stomach and intestines, that’s all. We just stay at home with that additional food inside of the bodies. Fat layer or muscles-to-fat transformation is a loong process, not an outcome of 2-4 weeks, no chances:) Let’s get that clog out of there! (and not clogging repeatedly:))
Our bodies are designed by Nature to consume SIMPLE food, with absolutely no mixtures at all. And more so, to consume for well-feeling, not for feeling tired or off-energy to grab a dose of caffeine afterwards.
Have heard, feeling hungry causes only the one (1) problem – hunger feeling, while feeling [ful] / [fu:l] ?:) causes a hundred (100) of problems. Well, I tried to find out for myself just 20 sequences of being full, from a rigorous observation how I feel within last 15 months.
Here are my 20 (21) sequences of being full (the list could be continued so):
- Feeling tired constantly
- Getting tired quickly
- Need for unnatural energy boost (in a form of sugar, caffeine, or cakes)
- Dry skin, my skin feels like a desert when I am overeating
- Dreams, any kind (I know the feeling of blessed sleep with no any dreams, just total relaxation)
- Irritated to any external stimulus (a call, a talk, an alarm, other people)
- Internal, deep dissatisfaction with myself, which starts just after wake-up in the morning
- Dissatisfaction with myself spreading all around, and it is hard for positive person to remain positive than, which leads to:
- Internal battle of overthinking and judging myself and everything around: “bad” or “good”, “wrong” or “right”
- Tongue plaque
- Reluctance to do anything, laziness
- Desire to complain
- Feeling of uncertainty and fear in regards to anything that comes to a mind at that moment
- Weight gain
- Non-productivity in daily life
- Further craving of junk or healthy food (it does not matter which type:))
- Swollen face
- Oversleeping for 8-9 hours
People, seems that those 20 (21) symptoms are with us on a daily basis and never were abroad!:)
The list could be continued, but let’s finish it for today:) Honestly, I have never thought that being half-hungry is a blessing, until I tried. Don’t judge me (see clause No 11:)), being on self-isolation I went on vegetable juice fasting for two days for the simple reason to start feel better than before.
being on self-isolation I went on vegetable juice fasting for two days for the simple reason to start feel better than before.
It is not a first time I am trying to go on half-fasting, and believe me, it is always hard, but mostly mentally. After several-to-ten attempts, one could see a tiny progress, and that is enough, there is no place to hurry, stay calm at home:).
One could be disappointed (however, see clause No 9 and 10) that getting out of those common 20 symptoms is impossible for him, in his circumstances, how he thinks. However, the power of human is in a process, not in a result. Making first (but not mentally fast) steps takes you to another lever, and there is a beauty… “A beautiful thing is never perfect” – proverb
However, the power of human is in a process, not in a result. Making first steps takes you to another lever, and there is a beauty…
“A beautiful thing is never perfect” – proverb
As I am a human, and therefore, not perfect, here are my 12 mistakes while diving into vegetable juice fasting:
- Forgot to drink more water than usual. As a result – a headache, because less toxins were probably washed out but circulating in blood vessels all day long
- Made a version of “heathier” vegetable juice by adding turmeric root and cranberries (gave slightly bitter unusual taste). Good idea is to ride ONLY on already known tastes, like beetroot with carrot – amazing and sweet!
- Overload myself with household works.
- Forgot to be on a fresh air most of the time (I have a balcony, I needed to go there, that is for sure)
- Was dealing with a writing of long blog post. Yeah, mental activity should be paused on (half) fasting days
- Have put an antenna on my head by scrolling on social and mass media news. Relax, only relax, baby
- Cooking tasty dinner for homemates. (Better to announce a light dinner for everyone and make just a simple salad for others. You could be surprised, but many times I heard, a good salad makes everyone satisfying:))
- Drank a herbal tea in the evening with 1…2…3…4…5 teaspoons of honey. Honey honey, when it comes, I know for myself, half-fasting is over. Next time will try to withstand a honey attack:)
- Overthinking about the feeling of being hungry. (Better to relax with a positive book or relaxing hobby)
- Made sports and power exercises. Gush, half-fasting days are for relax, only stretching and breathing exercises are acceptable and welcome
- Saving of constipation clog before the start (one should think about enema, or plant-based laxatives, at least, before the start)
- Went to sleep later (and therefore did not allow for a body to feel deeper relax)
Photos by Dr. A. Palatronis on www.z-antenna.com