Goodbye, potatoes! But why?… Because for the second year we try to keep on a well-food, food which is a source of a good energy and keeps the mind fresh.
As I wrote in a previous post Goodbye, potatoes! #1, potato story as “a food not to consume” is long and complicated. I would not expand here about it but the “potato story” is on my list and I hope to release it in a month or so. Today we will focus attention only on the tasty recipe itself.
The recipe below is the second version of my Hasselback potatoes, and it is dangerously tasty maybe because of garlic and onions too…:) On the opposite, I have already wrote an article about onions and garlic and their impact on mental health Prophylactic self-isolation for Mister Garlic exaltation. Day 62nd.
You can skip onions and replace it with grated ginger – along with some other spices it makes the taste well even without onions.
Anyway, anyway, if you eat potatoes, onions or garlic – let’s make it enormously tasty and enjoy the process!
Before you start (more info on page 2)
1 h 30 min
hot-resistant ceramic mini pots or mini pans
My classical garlic-embedded Hasselback potatoes
|Step 1 (potatoes)|
|potatoes (young!)||400 g / 6 medium-size potatoes||14 oz|
|garlic||5-6 cloves||5-6 cloves|
|ghee butter||4 Tbsp||4 Tbsp|
|salt||1 tsp||1 tsp|
|Step 2 (garnish)|
|ghee butter||2 Tbsp||2 Tbsp|
|green chili pepper||1||1|
|ginger, fresh||5 cm section||0.2 ft|
|red peppercorns||1 tsp||1 tsp|
|salt||1 tsp||1 tsp|
|Step 3 (fresh flavors)|
|rosemary, fresh||2-3 branches||2-3 branches|
How to make it:
Step 1 Young potatoes
- wash potatoes well, leave skin on
- slice potatoes through, in thin even layers, almost like thick potato chips size, but not-quite-all-the-way
- switch on an oven on 180 C / 350 F and pre-warm ceramic pots in it for 5 min
- slice garlic cloves along into thin layers
- staff half-sliced potatoes with garlic slices
- take out ceramic pots from an oven, put ghee butter on a bottom of ceramic pots and place staffed potatoes
- cover lightly with aluminum foil and bake on 180 C / 350 F using conventional heating for 1 hour, keeping the pots in a middle of an oven box (salt will be added later)
Step 2 Garnish
- Chop onion and stew it in a pan with a bit of Ghee butter or olive oil (I prefer Ghee) for 5 min
- Add salt, chopped green chili pepper and stew for another 5 min
- Add grated ginger, switch off the stove and let it sit for 5 min
- After potatoes are already 1 hour in an oven, take ceramic pots (or small pans) from an oven carefully (because hot), open aluminum foil (be careful, it’s hot)
- Add salt on a top of each potato and add some ghee butter on a bottom if necessary
- Add stewed garnish, red peppercorns, close foil and put again into an oven for 20-30 more
Step 3 Fresh flavors
- Ten minutes before ready, add red peppercorns, rosemary and bake with aluminum foil removed
- Serve on a heat resistant plate
It is ready!
I have also described another recipes with young potatoes and you are welcome to read them on my blog: