In my previous post about balcony herbs Herbs and greens on my balcony #2 in summer 2020 I promised to share the very easy recipe of home-made hair conditioner with rosemary. Once you have an extra bunch of fresh rosemary – go ahead to make your own hair conditioner!
Ingredients for aromatic rosemary hair conditioner
- fresh rosemary, handful
- 5-10% white vinegar (or spirit vinegar), 200-500 ml
How to make it:
- Put rosemary branches into a clean glass jar
- Pour vinegar so that it would cover rosemary leaves
- Screw up a jar and keep in a dark cool place for 1 week or more (could be kept like this even up to 1 month)
- You will see after a week or more – the color of the solution will change from transparent to bright yellow – this is a time to strain the solution
- So, strain the solution and keep in a glass bottle, write a label
- For the use as a hair conditioner – dilute 2-3 Tbsp of prepared solution in 500 ml of warm water and rinse the clean hair with it after using shampoo
Important to know:
- This kind of hair conditioner is suitable for non-dyed hair. You may try to apply it on dyed hair but there are no guarantee that it would work. Why? Because dyed hair is almost dead hair with no natural power and health. Sorry to write that, but I know it from my own long hair dyeing practice. Coming back to Nature in 2019 has changed my attitude to my own body and its health – that is why I no longer dyeing my hair and feel great about it. Yes, at the beginning it may look ugly for a few month up to half a year – but later YOU SHINE:)
- Always write labels for your DIY, always! Write down the name, production date, you may also add some other information (for example, the solution used – in this case it was 10% white vinegar)
- Be careful and do not pour the solution into your eyes when in a shower. If it has happened – rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Always use diluted solution! -Dilute 2-3 Tbsp of the solution in 500 ml of warm water before use!