Great way to stabilize a day. Great way to be OKby Dr. A. Palatronis
Emotional diet series. Part 13 from X
Well-feeling induces well-being (well-eating) and one should work on it daily
Ingredient for Emotional diet / to make it within the next 7 days
|Activity||What to do?||Duration||Score|
|honor the moment||take a moment before eating, pray before eating food||5-10 sec||5|
Why honoring the moment before eating, praying before eating is so important?
The reasons WHY by Venkateswara Rao Kedarisetty (external link), the Indian writer, lifestyle analyst, project management expert
- It is told to offer food to God before eating
- It is advised to spend a few moments closing the eyes and recollecting some thoughts (like a verse 4.24 of Bhagavadgita or any other cool thought) before taking food
- Every act should be performed invoking the God. Result of every act also should be offered to God. This is to say that individual acts only as an agent of God and he has no self interest in performing the act. It means, he is performing the act only and only as an unselfish and genuine duty and responsibility
- Food is also eaten as a responsibility to maintain upkeep of the physical body (which is also a form of God) and not for any self-interest. This is the crux of karma yoga (verse 9.27 of Gita). Therefore, God is to be invoked while doing any and every act, not only eating the food.
- Offering food to God before eating also has a social angle in it. As a responsible social act, knowledge, wealth and food should be shared with others to some extent or other before enjoying it by the self.
- God should not be mistaken as some idol alone. Everyone and every being are a form of God. Therefore, food should be offered to others before we eat ourselves. There is a good tradition among certain families to offer little food to less privileged, birds, pets, etc., before eating themselves.
- Therefore, to have controlled, moderate and healthy eating habits, symbolically the food is offered to God. Food offered to God is fed to others who are less fortunate than you. It can be fellow human beings, birds, animals etc. Then the balance food is eaten as God’s prasad.
You may find the original article by Venkateswara Rao Kedarisetty (external link) on quora.com: What is the significance of praying before starting eating? What does this practice teach us?
Blog author’s note: I have heard (no references, sorry:)) that yogi can dissimilate negative energy from food (if necessary) by saying mantra and keeping body and mind calm.
I guess there are no miracles and these things are available for everyone. It does not happen simply because most of us are lazy and unconscious to take a moment just for ourselves …
“It is impossible” syndrome
Some continual phrases and comments-in-mind which block the perception of the well-being:
“I have no time for this!!!”
“There is only 5 minutes before a bus will pass, I need to hurry!”
“What other people would think about me?”
‘My break at work is short, – no time for entertainment!”
Have you recognized your statements?:) If yes, please the abstract above again, read it carefully and with an involvement:)
Well being is right here, but very often we deny to accept itDr. A. Palatronis
You can find my previous about emo-C here:
- Emo-C part 1 About emotional and physical bodies in one
- Emo-C part 2 How to “eat” emotional calories – Nature observation
- Emo-C part 3 Ingredient for Emotional diet – yoga pose Supta Baddha Konasana
- Emo-C part 4 Ingredient for Emotional diet – creative hobby
- Emo-C part 5 Ingredient for Emotional diet – DIY (do it yourself)
- Emo-C part 6 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Morning smile to yourself
- Emo-C part 7 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Drinking water slowly
- Emo-C part 8 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Watch the sky, the Sun, the Moon
- Emo-C part 9 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Be a child
- Emo-C part 10 What does emo-C actually mean?
- Emo-C part 11 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Help people, love people
- Emo-C part 12 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Help other living creatures