Great way to stabilize a day. Great way to be OKby Dr. A. Palatronis
Emotional diet series. Part 14 from X
Well-feeling induces well-being (well-eating) and one should work on it daily
Ingredient for Emotional diet / to make it within the next 7 days
|Activity||What to do?||Duration||Score|
|eat slowly||concentrate your body and mind on food intake – no social media, TV or talking with others in mind!||15-30 min||10|
Why eating slowly is so important?
The reasons WHY by Venkateswara Rao Kedarisetty (external link), the Indian writer, lifestyle analyst, project management expert
- While eating food, people often keep watching TV, talking on phone, etc. Engaging on activities like this increase the food intake. Not only in terms of quantity, people also loose wisdom of what they eat and eat more junk when their mind and senses are engaged on other activities while eating.
- While eating, some people also keep thinking about some argument had with others. Engaging the senses on worldly things like this increases the stress levels which in turn increase food intake.
- People may not be even aware of any such stress. Stress changes the pattern of secretion of enzymes in human body and affects the digestive system. Stress levels on human mind are lowest when one diverts his mind and senses away from normal worldly things to things like prayers and God.
- So, while eating, one should sit in cool and calm and concentrate only on food and not on other things (like TV, chitchatting etc) so that proper food in proper quantity is taken as per body’s requirement.
- Such coolness also helps in secretion of appropriate enzymes to digest the food. This prevents manifestations like obesity, mal-nutrition, indigestion, etc and improves the health.
You may find the original article by Venkateswara Rao Kedarisetty (external link) on quora.com: What is the significance of praying before starting eating? What does this practice teach us?
“It is impossible” syndrome
Some continual phrases and comments-in-mind which block the perception of the well-being:
“I have no time for this!!!”
“There is only 5 minutes before a bus will pass, I need to hurry!”
My break at work is short, – no time for chewing!”
Have you recognized your statements?:) If yes, please the abstract above again, read it carefully and with an involvement:)
Well being is right here, but very often we deny to accept itDr. A. Palatronis
You can find my previous about emo-C here:
- Emo-C part 1 About emotional and physical bodies in one
- Emo-C part 2 How to “eat” emotional calories – Nature observation
- Emo-C part 3 Ingredient for Emotional diet – yoga pose Supta Baddha Konasana
- Emo-C part 4 Ingredient for Emotional diet – creative hobby
- Emo-C part 5 Ingredient for Emotional diet – DIY (do it yourself)
- Emo-C part 6 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Morning smile to yourself
- Emo-C part 7 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Drinking water slowly
- Emo-C part 8 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Watch the sky, the Sun, the Moon
- Emo-C part 9 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Be a child
- Emo-C part 10 What does emo-C actually mean?
- Emo-C part 11 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Help people, love people
- Emo-C part 12 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Help other living creatures
- Emo-C part 13 Ingredient for Emotional diet – Take a moment before eating